As always, your safety is our priority. Throughout these unprecedented times, we are honored to continue supporting our existing patients’ critical hearing needs. We’ve also been working hard to ensure that we are able to safely care for all patients when we begin having in-office visits again.
We are fortunate to have a spacious office with multiple entrances and a delightful backyard area, adequate parking, new equipment and protocols providing a venue for safe office visits.
In light of COVID-19, these are the extra precautions we are instituting to protect everyone’s health.
We greatly appreciate you reviewing the information below. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns (510) 841-0681.
- We will begin seeing patients again in our office starting the week of May 4.
- Staggered appointments will be scheduled. This will minimize contact between patients, and allow a sufficient period of time in between to disinfect.
- For patients needing assistance with hearing aids, we will continue to utilize our dropbox at the front window. We request that you call the office first. Please put your hearing aid(s) in an envelope or other container, along with your name and phone number, and place it in our dropbox. We will contact you as soon as we can with the status of your aid(s). We will endeavor to contact you the same day, but no later than the next business day.
Before Your In-Office Appointment:
- Health screening questions related to Covid-19 symptoms will be asked of you prior to your appointment. We will ask about symptoms when initially scheduling your appointment, and check in with you again one business day before your appointment. If you subsequently become symptomatic, please do not come to your appointment. We will be happy to reschedule for when it is safe for everyone to do so.
- If possible, to reduce overall contact time, intake and medical history forms will be emailed prior to your appointment. We request that these forms be completed online before your visit. If you need assistance, we will be happy to guide you in filling out the forms by telephone or videoconference.
- In addition, we would like to schedule a short TeleAudiology (video conference) or telephone call prior to the appointment, in order to go over your medical history form or answer any questions.
- We are limiting the number of individuals allowed into the office for their appointment. We realize that the best hearing healthcare includes loved ones, and at subsequent TeleAudiology appointments, we will encourage their participation. For those that require physical or translation assistance, please call in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements.
- We request all patients use the restroom at home prior to arriving at our office.
- Upon arrival, please call the office (510) 841-0681.
- Please remain in your vehicle until we invite you into our office (or into our courtyard, where we may also conduct some appointments). Patients will not be allowed into the office prior to their appointment.
- Please bring your own mask for personal protection, as required by California/Alameda County regulations.
- We will be taking your temperature with a touchless/non-contact thermometer when you enter.
- We will ask each person coming into the office to properly wash their hands.
During the Appointment:
- We will maintain appropriate distancing (at least six feet) whenever possible, and minimize time spent in close proximity (eg. otoscopic evaluation. placing insert earphones in ears).
- For the time being, in-office appointments will be limited to hearing healthcare services that require provider/patient proximity (eg. hearing tests, real-ear measurements, cerumen removal). When possible, we will be conducting all other appointments, remotely via secure video conference or by telephone.
- We have touchless payment options (Apple Pay, Google Pay, secure online payment portal)
After the Appointment:
- As noted above, we will offer secure TeleAudiology options for follow-up visits. Further In-Office appointments will be available, as indicated.
- For hearing aid users, the state-of-the-art hearing aid technology many of you are wearing allows us to make programming adjustments remotely.
- Since the beginning of the quarantine, we have been strictly following the ‘shelter-in-place’ order and following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. None of our staff, nor members of our families, have exhibited symptoms related to the pandemic or (thankfully) even been sick.
- Our staff will take their own temperature at the start of each day.
- We will be wearing masks and gloves for all appointments
- We will be washing hands between appointments.
- Our office is ideally suited for safe patient care. In addition, with the onset of spring/summer, we can utilize our delightful backyard garden.
- Between each appointment, all surfaces (indoor/out) and patient areas will be disinfected.
Thank you for entrusting us with your hearing healthcare and safety. It is a responsibility we take as sacrosanct. We will continue to update our procedures according to the latest information, guidelines and science to keep you healthy and hearing. Especially while we have to be ‘socially distant’ to be safe.
Best wishes and please continue to support your local businesses. We/they need your help.