Despite the ongoing challenges related to COVID-19, we remain open to meet all of your hearing healthcare needs. As always, your safety is our first priority. Since February, we have worked hard to ensure that we are able to safely care for all patients.
We are fortunate to have a spacious office with multiple entrances and a delightful backyard area, an ample parking lot, new equipment and protocols providing a venue for safe office visits.
In light of COVID-19, these are the extra precautions we are instituting to protect everyone’s health.
We greatly appreciate you reviewing the information below. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns (510) 841-0681.
We are able to help patients in several ways, depending on what they need and their preferences:
• For hearing evaluations, hearing aid fittings, or anybody who wishes to be seen in person, we are able to see people safely in our office.
• For patients who are in need of repair or hearing aid clean and checks, we offer Parking Lot service, where we will come out to your car to collect the hearing aid(s) and then service them in the office while you wait. If you prefer, you can arrange a time to drop off the hearing aids, and we will contact you once they are ready.
• For supply needs, we can also provide those through our Parking Lot service, or we can send them to you through the mail (postage charges may apply)
• We also offer secure TeleAudiology appointments for consultations and post-fitting adjustments.
Before Your In-Office Appointment:
• Health screening questions related to Covid-19 symptoms will be asked of you prior to your appointment. We will ask about symptoms when initially scheduling your appointment, and check in with you again one business day before your appointment. If you subsequently become symptomatic, please do not come to your appointment. We will be happy to reschedule for when it is safe for everyone to do so.
• If possible, to reduce overall contact time, intake and medical history forms will be emailed prior to your appointment. We request that these forms be completed online before your visit. If you need assistance, we will be happy to guide you in filling out the forms by telephone or TeleAudiology (video conference).
• We are limiting the number of individuals allowed into the office for their appointment. We realize that the best hearing healthcare includes loved ones, and at subsequent TeleAudiology appointments, we will encourage their participation. For those that require physical or translation assistance, please call in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements.
• We request all patients use the restroom at home prior to arriving at our office.
• Upon arrival, please call the office (510) 841-0681.
• Please remain in your vehicle until we invite you into our office (or into our courtyard, where we may also conduct some appointments). Patients will not be allowed into the office prior to their appointment.
• Please bring your own face mask for personal protection, as required by California/Alameda County regulations.
• We will be taking your temperature with a touchless/non-contact thermometer when you enter.
• We will ask each person coming into the office to properly wash their hands or use hand sanitizer that we provide in the office.
During the Appointment:
We will maintain appropriate distancing (at least six feet) whenever possible, and minimize time spent in close proximity (eg. otoscopic evaluation. placing insert earphones in ears).
For the time being, in-office appointments will be given priority to hearing healthcare services that require provider/patient proximity (eg. hearing tests, real-ear measurements, cerumen removal). When possible, we will be conducting all other appointments, remotely via secure video conference or by telephone.
We have touchless payment options (Apple Pay, Google Pay, secure online payment portal).
After the Appointment:
• As noted above, we will offer secure TeleAudiology options for follow-up visits. Further In-Office appointments will be available, as indicated.
• For hearing aid users, the state-of-the-art hearing aid technology many of you are wearing allows us to make programming adjustments remotely.
• Since the beginning of the quarantine, we have been strictly following the ‘shelter-in-place’ order and following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Each staff member has had a negative COVID test in the last two months, and none of our staff, nor members of our families, have exhibited symptoms related to the pandemic or (thankfully) even been sick.
• Our staff will take their own temperature at the start of each day.
• We will be wearing face masks for all appointments
• We will be washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer between appointments.
• Our office is ideally suited for safe patient care. Weather permitting, we can utilize our delightful backyard garden if the weather permits.
• Between each appointment, all surfaces (indoor/out) and patient areas will be sanitized.
Thank you for entrusting us with your hearing healthcare and safety. It is a responsibility we take as sacrosanct. We will continue to update our procedures according to the latest information, guidelines and science to keep you healthy and hearing. Especially while we have to be ‘socially distant’ to be safe.
Best wishes and please continue to support your local businesses. We/they need your help.