Dear Berkeley Hearing Center Family,
Given the recent surge of the highly transmissible Omicron variant, we wanted to share with you the renewed precautions that we are taking in the office to keep you (and all of us) safe. Our collective safety is the top priority. We trust that by continuing to work together, we’ll safely navigate these challenging times together.
To stay up to date with the latest CDC government guidelines in your county, please use the CDC tool below.
● Our staff (and their families) are all fully vaccinated (and boosted, if possible) against the Coronavirus. Our children are tested weekly at school, and our staff have all been recently tested as well. We are all taking precautions while out of work to minimize our exposure risk. (Jonathan and his wife, sadly, even gave up Warriors Tickets for Klay Thompson’s first game back in 2+ years!)
● We will be controlling access into our office, only letting folks in once they are properly masked and their vaccination status has been checked.
● Our staff are all wearing N-95 (or equivalent) masks.
● We have air purifiers running in all patient areas of our office (waiting room, testing room, and Jonathan/Jessa’s offices).
● We are maintaining distance between staff and patients of at least one meter (or between patient groups in the waiting area), except when unavoidable due to patient care.
How you can help:
● Please notify us prior to an appointment if you are feeling ill. We are happy to postpone and reschedule appointments to a time/day when you are feeling better and it is safe to get together.
● Please arrive close to your scheduled appointment time. We will make every effort to begin on time, as we would like to minimize the time that people are waiting in the office.
● Please make sure to wear an appropriate face mask (N95 or equivalent) that completely covers your nose and mouth. Please make sure your mask is on prior to entering our office. For everyone’s safety, nobody will be allowed into the office without an appropriately worn face mask.
● If you’ve been in our office within the last 10 days and subsequently test positive for Covid, please inform our office immediately to allow staff to assess exposure & transmission risk.
We are very proud to live in the Bay Area, and Berkeley specifically, where our community continues to take this pandemic very seriously, has taken the steps to minimize the spread of the virus and kept our community safe and functioning, all things considered. It is our fervent hope that the current surge passes quickly, and that everyone remains healthy and well as we start 2022.
Please contact us with any questions and concerns. We are honored to serve as your hearing healthcare providers.
Jonathan, John, Jessa and Kelly
Your Berkeley Hearing Center team