Despite the ongoing challenges related to COVID-19, we remain open to meet all of your hearing healthcare needs. As always, your safety is our first priority. Since February 2020, we have worked hard to ensure that we are able to safely care for all patients.
We are fortunate to have a spacious office with multiple entrances and a delightful backyard area, an ample parking lot, new equipment, and protocols providing a venue for safe office visits.
We are now pleased to announce that all of our team members, Jonathan, Jessa, and John, have received the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19. The vaccine will enable us to continue seeing our valued patients in the safest way possible.
In light of COVID-19, these are the extra precautions we are instituting to protect everyone’s health.
We greatly appreciate you reviewing the information below. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns by calling us at (510) 841-0681.
We are able to help patients in several ways, depending on what they need and their preferences:
- For hearing evaluations, hearing aid fittings, or anybody who wishes to be seen in person, we are able to see people safely in our office.
- For patients who are in need of repair or hearing aid clean and checks, we offer Parking Lot service, where we will come out to your car to collect the hearing aid(s) and then service them in the office while you wait. If you prefer, you can arrange a time to drop off the hearing aids, and we will contact you once they are ready.
- For supply needs, we can also provide those through our Parking Lot service, or we can send them to you through the mail (postage charges may apply).
- We also offer secure TeleAudiology appointments for consultations and post-fitting adjustments.
Before Your In-Office Appointment:
- If you are not feeling well or have any symptoms of COVID-19, then please do not come to your appointment. We will be happy to reschedule for when it is safe for everyone to do so.
- If possible, to reduce overall contact time, intake and medical history forms will be emailed prior to your appointment. We request that these forms be completed online before your visit. If you need assistance, we will be happy to guide you in filling out the forms by telephone or TeleAudiology (video conference).
- You have the option of waiting outside (at our patio table or shaded chairs in the parking lot) or in our spaced out waiting area.
- Please bring and properly wear your own face mask for personal protection, as required by California/Alameda County regulations.
During The Appointment:
- We will maintain appropriate distancing (at least six feet) whenever possible and minimize time spent in close proximity (e.g. otoscopic evaluation, placing or inserting earphones in ears).
- We have touchless payment options (Apple Pay, Google Pay, secure online payment portal).
After The Appointment:
- As noted above, we will offer the option of secure TeleAudiology for follow-up visits. Further in-office appointments will be available, as indicated.
- For hearing aid users, the state-of-the-art hearing aid technology many of you are wearing allows us to make programming adjustments remotely.
- Since the beginning of the quarantine, we have been strictly following CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Each staff member has been fully vaccinated and none of our staff, nor members of our families, have exhibited symptoms related to the pandemic or (thankfully) even been sick.
- We will be wearing face masks for all appointments.
- We will be washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer between appointments.
- Our office is ideally suited for safe patient care. Weather permitting, we can utilize our delightful backyard garden.
Thank you for entrusting us with your hearing healthcare and safety. It is a responsibility we take as sacrosanct.
We will continue to update our procedures according to the latest information, guidelines, and science to keep you healthy and hearing.
Best wishes and please continue to support your local businesses. We/they need your help.